Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Interview

I had my interview last Wednesday, and I think it went pretty well. I'm sure most of you have already had your interviews, and I hope they all went well. If you haven't had it yet, I hope this post puts some nerves to rest and helps you prepare.

I waited anxiously on my phone for Nancy to call. I had my application at my side, and practice questions/answers on my computer screen. I didn't think I'd be nervous, but as the conversation started, there were times when I would catch my voice beginning to shake. I knew I was prepared and excited, but knowing this would make it or break it must have made me nervous. However, as the interview proceeded it became more of a conversation and I was more relaxed and comfortable.

It was almost a week ago so I don't remember all the details, but I will try to list some of the questions (although they might be out of order). I applied for Attractions, Merchandise, Main Entrance Operations, and Photopass, so this might be helpful for others applying for those roles.

Here are some of the questions (in no particular order):
Why do you want to work for Disney?
Have you ever lived with roommates?
What would you do if a roommate was messy?
What were some of my responsibilities at previous jobs?
What was a challenge you had to face at a previous job?
What kind of pace do you like?
Do you like working by yourself or other people?
Would you do quick food service?
Have you ever dealt with cash handling? (I think this was a merchandise related question)
Have you ever given a presentation in front of an audience? (I think this was an attractions question)
What's the longest presentation you've given? (again, attractions I think)
For main entrance operations, what would you do to make guests feel special?
For photopass, what is your experience with photography? What is your favorite picture you've taken?

I think that covers most of it! Nancy was really nice and I really hope it went as well as I think it did. Good luck and pixie dust to those who still have interviews coming up! I recommend practicing your answers, but don't read off a paper if you have them written down. Be sure to smile, you can tell on the phone!

I've heard that people have already been accepted to the program! Congrats to those people! It sounds like they all interviewed on or before January 27th. Also, for those who posted their arrival dates, it looks like most of them are applying for Fall Advantage so that could be why they are hearing first.

It hasn't even been a week and I'm so anxious!

No comments:

Post a Comment