Thursday, February 4, 2010

If you can dream it, you can do it.

"If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney

This has always been one of my favorite quotes. It also happens to be by one of the most inspirational people in my life.

I've always been a dreamer, with an optimistic outlook on life. Always chasing my dreams and knowing what it takes to work hard and achieve them. Walt Disney has been able to achieve so many of his dreams, continuing to inspire millions of people, as his memory lives on through each aspect of the Disney company.

I'm a Disney kid. I grew up spending vacations going to Disney World, watching Disney movies with my family, and I still get excited by all things Disney.

The Disney College Program is a unique opportunity that many of my friends have taken part in. It was something I highly considered for many years, but studying abroad was an option that my heart always kept open as well. It was a tough decision choosing where I would spend my Spring 2009 semester, but after much thought, I chose to study abroad.

Although it's possible I could have done both during my time in college, it would have made graduating on time difficult, and my school tends to be ...uptight... about what they accept. In addition, I already had an internship lined up at a major record label, and the music industry is another major passion in my life. I am required to complete 1 internship, and would not be able to recieve credit for both. I knew that the DCP would be available after I graduated and studying abroad would be my chance to live in a new environment, away from everything I knew, and be able to explore the world, and learn about myself. I would also have the painful but exhilirating new experience of living away from my twin sister. I chose to study abroad in Australia, and I have no regrets about doing so.

Now I am taking my opportunity to participate in the Disney College Program and I couldn't be more excited. Although there were times I wished I was there last year, I know that I am getting a chance now. I have applied to the Disney College Program.

Feel free to continue to read my blog and follow my dream with me.

Have faith in your dreams...

Peace, Love, and Pixie Dust,
Michelle

2 comments:

  1. I am right there with you. I am so excited, nervous, anxious, and scared of this whole deal. I have my interview on 2/10, but the days are dragging by for it to get here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for following! I had my interview yesterday and I will be posting about it within the next few days, hopefully it can help you. Let me know if you have any specific questions. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete