Friday, July 30, 2010

Professional Internship!

If you read my last post, I mentioned there was a chance that i would have a different role than the one I intended on pursuing. Originally, I was accepted to the College Program as a Merchandise cast member. However, i just accepted an offer for a Professional Internship. I will be a Sales Intern for the Disney Institute.

A friend of mine, who is currently doing a Professional Internship, received an e-mail about the position. I was interested in the role so she forwarded my resume. After about a week of e-mails and phone calls, I was offered the role. Although it means I am no longer doing the college program, I am SO excited for this role.

In a way, it is mixed feelings. I had a roommate, I was going to be working in the parks (most likely - unless I was at a resort or Downtown Disney), and it was an experience I had prepared for for months. I'm sure it involved more guest interaction and I would have gained more knowledge about the parks and history. I wish I could still have that experience, but I am so excited I have accepted this internship. It will be a more professional role, I'll gain more skills and knowledge, and it could potentially lead to a job. Either way, I am ecstatic and looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment